Book of Demons is the first instalment in the Return 2 Games (R2G) series which was announced by Thing Trunk last year. Each game in the R2G series takes place in Paperverse where all characters and objects are made of folded paper. True to the origins of the hack & slash genre, Book of Demons tells the universal story of good vs evil, of a hero’s quest to save the world from the ultimate devilry.
Return 2 Games is a series of unique mid-core games inspired by the golden days of PC gaming. Thing Trunk’s plan is to build 7 games in total, each unique in terms of genre and theme, but all sharing the same vision … to make deeply engaging experiences accessible.
R2G games are designed to deeply engage in a matter of minutes. They explore powerful universal stories – like good vs evil – that immediately seem familiar. R2G caters even to people who don’t play as much as they used to, who find casual games shallow and unengaging, and who can’t invest enough time into hardcore games to really enjoy them.
Check out the official R2G website, or give the team a like on Facebook or follow on Twitter.
“We were always fascinated by the intensity of the experiences in the games from the 90’s, especially Diablo 1, which in our opinion is one of the best hack & slash games of all time.” Said Maciej Biedrzycki, Thing Trunk co-founder. “Book of Demons is a tribute to this sentiment.”
- Beta is scheduled for May 2016.
- Game release scheduled for September 2016.
Key features of Book of Demons:
- Paper cut-out graphics
- Upgradable card system that unifies items, spells, and skills
- Unique movement and fighting system for more strategic gameplay
- Flexiscope™ system that adjusts sessions size to players’ liking
- Endless end-game mode with 100+ challenges
- First truly accessible hack & slash
- Randomized dungeons
- Single-player campaign with 3 character classes
- 60+ different monster types
- Lots of humour
Music in Book of Demons is composed by an award-winning composer Paweł Błaszczak, credited for the soundtracks of such games as Dead Island, Call of Juarez, and The Witcher.