Battalion 1944 has reached it’s kickstarter goal currently at 256% of it’s original target at the time of submitting this post with 6 days to go. Bulkhead have released new stretch goals on their kickstarter page and released the below trailer advertising that fact.
The stretch goals are:
- £325,000 — British forces join the fight. This will include character sets and weapons like the Lee-Enfeild bolt action rifle and the Sten sub-machine gun
- £350,000 — More cosmetic items
- £400,00 — Eastern front (including Russian soldiers and weapons) added, including PPSh-41 gun
- £500,000 — “Behind Enemy Lines” offline mode (fight against waves of enemy AI)
- £600,000 — Pacific Theater added (“Fight the Japanese across maps set in the Pacific, South-East Asia, and in China”)
- £1,200,000 — Single-player campaign (“Good single player campaigns aren’t cheap to make, there’s no ‘add single player’ button for us; it would cost a lot of time and money to make, hence the large funding goal”)
Bulkhead also announced today that every backer who raises their pledge to any tier above £25 will get a new bonus in the form of an art book for Battalion 1944. There obviously has been a strong desire for this game to be developed from the gaming community which has been reflected with the game smashing it’s funding targets.
While no dates have been given yet in regards to an expected release date many backers will be playing both alpha and beta releases of the game as a reward for their support. The game will be released on PS4, Xbox One and PC and you can see the original announcement trailer here.